Mirror theatre was founded by artistic director Angeliki Petropetsioti in 2014. It is a company dedicated to producing new exciting theatre in the UK, inspired by poetry, literature and music. Our work is greatly influenced by humanity, childhood and human relationships.
"Theatre is perceived to be as the mirror of the creator's actions".
Our recent work includes:
- The production of Sincerely yours based on Fr. Kafka’s “Letter to his father”at the Andipa Gallery 2018, Drayton Arms Theatre 2019.
- The production of Youkali - The Pursuit of Happiness based on K.Weill’s“Youkali”song at the Andipa Gallery 2014-15, Arcola Theatre 2016 at the Crimeborn Opera Festival, and at the Hellenic Centre in London 2018.
- The production of Nostalgia at the Andipa Gallery 2014.
Angeliki is a theatre director who founded the Mirror Theatre in 2014, in London. She lives and works in London.
She trained as an actress at the renowned Drama school of Greek Art Theatre (Theatro Technis)-Karolos Koun, as well as at the Conservatoire of Dramatic Arts, Athens. She attended two short courses in directing at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
Her particular interest lies in combining visual art with poetry, live music and performance for non conventional performance spaces. She explores ways where poetic language and literature merge and experiments with contemporary performance art.
As an actress, Angeliki’s theatrical experience encompasses a variety of genres and she can equally master comic as well as tragic roles. She has collaborated with some of the industry's finest directors, including Sir Peter Hall for the Royal National Theatre of Great Britain’s production of Bacchae by Euripides at the ancient theatre of Epidaurus, and Spyros A. Evangelatos for the AMPHI-THEATRE in Athens. She has performed in Greece at open air theatre including the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the theatre of Ancient Olympia, and the ancient theatre of Epidaurus. She has also performed in many theatres, including the National Theatre of Greece.
Angeliki has also featured in various film and television productions and has applied her skills in voice-over work for various animated characters.
From 1998 until 2014 she was participation manager of art at The Actor's House, the Greek foundation that protects and supports professional performers.
Further seminars and workshops:
- She has attended workshops in improvisation, acting and folk music at the Old Vic.
- Commedia Dell' Arte with Kaio Beltz at the “Theater of Changes” Drama School.
- Ancient Greek Drama with Despina Bebedeli.
- She has also continued to train her voice and singing.