Mirror theatre was founded by artistic director Angeliki Petropetsioti in 2014. It is a company dedicated to producing new exciting theatre in the UK, inspired by poetry, literature and music. Our work is greatly influenced by humanity, childhood and human relationships.
"Theatre is perceived to be as the mirror of the creator's actions".
Our recent work includes:
- The production of Sincerely yours based on Fr. Kafka’s “Letter to his father”at the Andipa Gallery 2018, Drayton Arms Theatre 2019.
- The production of Youkali - The Pursuit of Happiness based on K.Weill’s“Youkali”song at the Andipa Gallery 2014-15, Arcola Theatre 2016 at the Crimeborn Opera Festival, and at the Hellenic Centre in London 2018.
- The production of Nostalgia at the Andipa Gallery 2014.
Angeliki is an actress and theatre director based in London.
She attended a Director's course at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama and was trained as an actress at the renowned Drama school of Greek Art Theatre (Theatro Technis)-Karolos Koun as well as at the Conservatoire of Dramatic Arts, Athens. Her particular interest lies in combining visual art with poetry, live music and performance for non conventional performance spaces. She experiments and explores with the ways that poetic language and literature marry with contemporary performance art and thus, merges classical style with modern aesthetics.
As an actress Angeliki’s theatrical experience encompasses a variety of genres and she can equally master comic as well as tragic roles. She has worked solidly and has collaborated with some of the industry's finest directors. These include the world renowned Sir Peter Hall for the Royal National Theatre of Great Britain’s production of Bacchae by Euripides at the ancient theatre of Epidaurus. In addition Angeliki has collaborated with Spyros A. Evangelatos for the AMPHI-THEATRE theatre company in Athens performing at open air theatres such as the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the theatre of Ancient Olympia, and the renowned ancient theatre of Epidaurus. She has also performed in many productions in Athens and The National Theatre of Greece.
Angeliki has also featured in various film and television productions and has applied her skills in voice-over work for various animated characters.
From 1998 until 2014 Angeliki was an active member of The Actor's House, a Greek foundation that protects performers when they fall on hard financial times.
Further seminars and workshops:
- She has attended a lot of workshops at the Old Vic.
- Commedia Dell' Arte with Kaio Beltz at the “Theater of Changes” Theatre School.
- Ancient Drama with Despina Bebedeli.
- She has also continued to train her voice and singing.